Let’s make some seared butter garlic scallops! Fine dining at home doesn’t have to be complicated or intimidating. This recipe that we have for you today not only offers gourmet dining from the comfort of your home, it is also simple, time-efficient, and absolutely delicious. Whether you’re pressed for time, or want to impress your dinner guests, this versatile recipe is the way to go- ready to eat in less than 15 minutes!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb Sea Scallops
- 2 Tbsp Softened Butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic Powder (optional)
How to make:
1. Thaw scallops with cold water if frozen.
While scallops are thawing, mince your garlic cloves with a garlic press or a knife. We like to use the Zyliss Aluminum Garlic Press
simply because it’s the easiest way to mince garlic- no need to peel the cloves with this device, just place the garlic into the hopper and press down on the handle- and there you have it! Hassle-free minced garlic, fresh and ready to use
3. Place the minced garlic into a bowl, along with the softened butter and parsley. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and start mixing all ingredients together. Add some garlic powder into the mixture for an extra garlic flavor (optional)
4. Chop your fresh parsley with a sharp knife. We recommend using the Shun Classic Damascus Steel Utility Knife for more precise cuts. This multipurpose knife is hand crafted in Japan and made of 34 layers of stainless Damascus that supports the core of the knife, adds stain resistance, and helps food release from the blade easier.
5. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
6. Season scallops with sea salt and pepper to your discretion, then turn them over and repeat the process to make sure they’re evenly seasoned on both sides.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium to high heat until sizzling. We prefer using the 12.5-Inch Scanpan Classic Stratanium Nonstick Fry Pan
because of its ample frying space, nonstick PFOA-free surface, and squeeze-cast base that eliminates hot spots for even cooking and browning.
8. Add as many scallops as your pan allows without overcrowding them/letting them touch. Sear them over high heat for about 2 minutes (or until browned) without moving them around.
9. Flip scallops and add the garlic/butter/parsley mix to the pan right away. Let them sear for another 2 or 3 minutes to soak up the savory mixture until crisp.
10. Garnish to your liking.
11. Serve & enjoy 😊
"Met Scallops" image by ralph and jenny is licensed under CC BY 2.0.