Global SAI Stainless Steel Santoku Knife, 5-Inches
Global Sai knives follow in the same tradition as Classic Global knives and are made in the same fashion by skilled Japanese craftsmen in Yoshikin's factory. All of their experience in manufacturing hollow stainless steel handles and modern blade technology having been embodied in them.
- The hand polished knife is made with hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance.
- Individually hammered blades allow food to be chopped, diced, shredded or carved without sticking for quick and easy release.
- Ergonomic handles feature seven signature black dots which reflect the seven Samurai codes of honor and moral principles, inspired by Confucianism and Buddhism.
- Three layers of steel are made of exclusive Cromova 18 stainless steel and 18/8 stainless steel which are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell 58-59 holds razor sharp edge longer and resists rust, stains and corrosion.
- All Global knives are handcrafted in Japan using artisanal techniques with modern technology in the tradition of the Samurai sword.