Mauviel M'Steel Carbon Steel Round Frying Pan, 8-Inches
In 1830, in a Normandy village called Villedieu-les-Poles, Mr. Ernest Mauviel established the Mauviel manufacturing company. Since the very early years, Mauviel has been a fixture in the professional and commercial markets. Mauviel continues to offer the professional chef, products that are unsurpassed in quality and design. These same products are now also available to household markets.
A frying pan, frypan, or skillet is a flat-bottomed pan used for frying, searing, and browning foods. It is typically 200 to 300 mm (8 to 12 in) in diameter with relatively low sides that flare outwards, a long handle, and no lid. Larger pans may have a small grab handle opposite the main handle.
- Black steel (carbon steel)
- Excellent heat conduction
- High density material, does not retain odors
- Withstands high temps so allows longer preheating - killer searing - seals in nutrients and flavors
- Black finish - part of final heat treatment in manufacturing process (changes color when heated and over time)
- After seasoning it acquire natural non-stick properties
- Safe at very high temperatures and metal utensils
- Lighter than cast iron
- Commercial grade durable product
- Hand wash - with hot water immediately after use & then wipe immediately with paper towel, store in dry place
- Dimensions: Diameter: 8-Inch; Height: 1.5-Inch
- Made in France