Mauviel M'Steel Carbon Steel Crepes Pan, 9.5-Inches
In 1830, in a Normandy village called Villedieu-les-Poles, Mr. Ernest Mauviel established the Mauviel manufacturing company. Since the very early years, Mauviel has been a fixture in the professional and commercial markets. Mauviel continues to offer the professional chef, products that are unsurpassed in quality and design. These same products are now also available to household markets.
A crepe is a type of very thin pancake. Crepes are usually of two types: sweet crepes (crepes sucres) and savoury galettes (crepes sales). Crepes are served with a variety of fillings, from the simplest with only sugar to flambed crepes Suzette or elaborate savoury galettes. While crepes are often associated with Brittany, a region in the northwest of France, their consumption is widespread in France, Belgium, Canada, and many parts of Europe, North Africa, Lebanon, and the Southern Cone of South America.
- Black steel (carbon steel)
- Excellent heat conduction
- High density material, does not retain odors
- Withstands high temps so allows longer preheating - killer searing - seals in nutrients and flavors
- Black finish - part of final heat treatment in manufacturing process (changes color when heated and over time)
- After seasoning it acquire natural non-stick properties
- Safe at very high temperatures and metal utensils
- Lighter than cast iron
- Commercial grade durable product
- Hand wash - with hot water immediately after use & then wipe immediately with paper towel, store in dry place
- Dimensions: Diameter: 9.4-Inch; Capacity: 1.1-Quart; Height: 1-Inch
- Made in France